From new technology to the use of social media, the industry press is abuzz with ideas. Below are five of the best articles we read in 2011.
1. iPad 2 looks even better for docs. The iPad 2 gives doctors at the point-of-care the tools they need at the exact moment they can make a difference.
2. Social media sites help patients make health-care decisions. One in five Americans uses social media Web sites to receive health care information.
3. Americans not ready to use social media to talk to their docs. Although Americans look to social media for information, they don’t use social media to contact physicians.
4. Five ways health IT will reduce the cost of care. Improved standards of care and increased patient involvement and collaboration are just some of the ways.
5. Five keys to EMR usability. The requirements include supportiveness, flexibility and efficiency, among others.